If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

It's A Wrap!

Ha! Ha! I'm so clever. Because it is a wrap, you know. I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I actually finished it a few days early, even. No, really. I finished something. Here's some evidence:

The wrap. I used (I think I told you this before)about 2 skeins of Patons Brilliant in White Twinkle. Knit on #17's--but I am a loose knitter--using a freebie pattern from the Patons website. The pattern called for two yarns, a smooth one and a fluffy one, held together throughout. The Patons wrap is warmer, thicker, not as lacy. Using a lightweight yarn on big needles gave the thing an airy, light look that was perfect over the prom dress.


Here's M in the dress. T was taking pictures and, of course, the director in me was giving orders. Stand in front of the fireplace. Now look right here. Now drop the shoulder and turn so we can see the back of the shawl. But she was a trooper and took all the pix I asked. And doesn't she look great? I'm wondering how it's genetically possible for me to have such a beautiful child.

Here is M and her date, J. He did not seem to have a problem being at the house for the obligatory photo shoot before going to dinner. Very nice young man.

As you can imagine, most of my weekend was consumed with prom activities. But, I did find time to hit some garage sales. Always on the lookout for a bargain. And I found lots of cool things.

Firstly, I got a bag of craft stuff at a church sale. Since I was there on the last day of the sale, near the end, everything was half price. So, for 12 1/2ยข I got: knitting spool, pom pon makers, yarn needles, hairpin lace thingy (now I will have to learn) random yarn that will go onto the magic ball, embroidery hoop, plastic canvas (I don't know what to do with that), some pearl beads, and two circular needles!

T also found a box of 21 copper molds for $2! Now, if you've seen my kitchen, you know it is decorated in the style of Copper Mold Obsession. Seriously. Here's one wall. So I was all giddy about having more stuff to hang up!



And lastly, I bought this chair. Of course, it is not much to look at now, but I plan to refinish it and repair those weird holes in the leather. The guy who sold it to me (at his garage sale down the street from my house) is moving and I think he just wanted to get rid of it, because when he saw me looking at it, he told me to "just take it."

I was like, "How much?" And he says, "A dollar." So I gots me a fantastic Special Writing Chair for $1. How cool is that?

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

M looks beautiful! I bet she had a wonderful time. :) I don't know if you sew or not but you can use plastic canvas as a foundation for tote bags to give them more shape. You may be able to do the same with knit bags, I have never tried but I'm betting ti would work. You had great finds!! Cheers!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter