If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Day After Tomorrow

Remember that movie? Watched it again last night, which is not ironic at all because (if you remember) the planet gets really freakin’ cold in that movie and it was really freakin’ cold here last night! It was -2 degrees when I left for work this morning.


That’s wrong. It’s Indiana, not Antarctica. It should be, like 14 degrees at worst. @#$! weather.

Anyway, it was a good night to knit. And, if you knit fast enough, you can have knitting draping over your lap as you go, to keep you warm. Unfortunately, I cranked out 2 inches of R’s replacement scarf and was ready to add the green stripe and couldn’t find the rest of that skein of green yarn that I’d used on the original hat/scarf!

Now I know I have some left. I know it. In fact, I think I just saw it recently. But I couldn’t find it. Don’t you hate that? Then I started doubting myself… Maybe I saw that grey yarn and thought it was the green. (That sort of thing has happened.) Maybe I’m remembering seeing it before I knitted the scarf. I only put 3 stripes on each end. Did I do that out of style, or because I used all the green yarn?

Oh, grrrrrph! You know I’m just going to break down and buy another skein of green yarn. I might as well just stop looking, because you know it won’t even be on this plane of existence until I buy a replacement skein. Then, it will magically pop back into this world.

Schroedinger’s Yarn.

So, since I couldn’t knit the scarf, I decided to actually do something for myself. I started this Accordion Cowl Hood in SWS in Natural Blue. (which I got on sale at Michael’s! See? And you wanted me to make a yarn diet New Year’s Resolution!) I’ve only completed about 3 inches because, you know, I spent so long looking for the green.

But I think this will be cute. And warm. I will keep you posted.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter