If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

'Nother Hat & Scarf


I know what you're thinking. You're thinking: WTF is up, Patwoman! Another FO? And it's a Christmas gift, finished months in advance? Who are you?

And yes, it is I... uncharacteristically FO-inclined. This is a hat and scarf for another guy on my list (who is not likely to read this, but I won't name him, just in case). It's going to be pretty warm, knit from 100% wool.

The scarf is Lori Law's Tweed Scarf (though, obviously not tweed), knit in Lion Wool in Cocoa. Took 2 skeins to make this 6 footer. I used #9s. I think this would've gone really fast if I had the brain capacity to learn the pattern, but somehow the sequence of knits and purls just escaped me and I had to keep the pattern close by, for reference.

I wanted a hat to go with it, but thought that boxy rib might be too much for it. So I went with a simple 2X2 rib. That took about a skein to make.

I must say, I've been pretty shocked pleased at my organization this year. I may actually get all my Christmas knitting done this year before Christmas.

Wonder what that would feel like?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter