If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Foliage So Far

Foliage has been in my queue since I first joined Ravelry, I think. It’s a very pretty hat and not all that hard to knit. I don’t know why I haven’t knitted it before now.

It might be the yarn. I wanted a hand-painted sort of yarn for this hat, something that would really give Foliage a foliage look, you know. Then, the other day I remembered I had this yarn. It’s an acid-dyed bulky in Orange Sunshine that I got off eBay. I bought it a while back, but was saving it for something or another.

It’s not soft, really. I mean, I know it will soften once it’s wetted and blocked, so I’m not worried about it. But it has that 100% wool scratchiness that wool snobs swear doesn’t exist. The color is lovely, however, and I’m very happy with the way it looks in this pattern. And, since I will be wet blocking, I’m sure it will soften up.

I am a little worried that it looks like such a tiny hat, even though I am knitting exactly to gauge (which is as much a surprise to me as is to you, I can tell you!) It looks like a baby hat! But the pattern does say it will stretch to fit, so I’m gonna trust the pattern.

This would probably be a quicker knit (and would answer the question of whether it would fit an actual grown-up head) if I could find my #8 circs, but you know how that goes. I would bet money they are in the lining of my comfy chair, a victim of the knitting needle-eater that lives within its cushions, devouring anything I might possibly need and passing it through to the very bowels of the chair bottom lining. I would stick my hand down between the back and seat cushion to check, but who knows what else is there? Yuck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter