If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Not Knitting - The End Of The World X2

These things are not knitting, but I really enjoyed doing them, so I wanted to show you.

This is a book I wrote for R for Christmas. It's "The Journal of Malcolm Farraday, Last Survivor of Earth" and it's about... Well, okay. The title kinda says it all, doesn't it? Anyway, it's a comedy. (There is a surprising amount of funny stuff going on when you are on the losing end of a zombie apocalypse, believe me.)





I created the journal entries and newspaper clippings from scratch, and the thing is chock full of inside jokes, absurdities, and double and triple entendre.


I also created a book for T, "How to Survive the End of the World As We Know It." I giggled myself stupid over chapters about aliens, comets, and mega tidal waves. This one included pictures, newspaper clippings, and interviews with fictional people.

I made both of these on my slow-ass Dell and took them to the education supply store, where they spiral bound them for $1.50. (Compared with $6 at Kinkos.)

We have a lot of Christmas traditions, but I think I'm going to add a new one. I think I'm going to create a fake book each year. Maybe next year's will be about something serious?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter