If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Forest Leaves (or Christmas Knitting, Part 3)

As you know, my manager, Jill, has proclaimed herself a fan of my knitting. And so that makes me a fan of Jill. (Okay, I like her for other reasons, too.) Anyway, I always knit a scarf for Jill at Christmastime.

This Christmas, it's Lacy Leaves from Bernat. Love this pattern--lace in a bulky yarn. It's pretty easy to knit, too. But it's still interesting enough to keep you from getting bored.

I did think about doing this in Alpaca. In fact, I have some Bernat Alpaca I bought for that pattern. But it's brown. Which is nice for me. Nice for a lot of people. Brown would be nice for Jill, too.

But green is awesome on redheads and Jill has spectacular red hair. So I went with Loops & Threads Charisma in Forest. Perfect color. Perfect color. And the leaves look pretty in that color too. Leaves are green.

Okay, I suppose leaves are sometimes brown, too. But, this is a great green, you've got to admit. (The green in the first picture is more true. I used the flash on this second pic so you could see the detail.)

Charisma comes in skeins of 109 yards and I used three skeins. So it's a long scarf. Long enough to loop around the neck. I'm pretty pleased with it. I gave it to Jill on the Friday before my vaca and I think she was pretty pleased with it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter