If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Nothing In Particular

One day last week I was walking from the parking lot to the main DrugCo building and saw this. Yeah, it's just ordinary rock that they've put there to downplay the drabness of cement lot next to the cement street with the cement sidewalk in between (me, I would've put some plants there, but I haven't owned the company in years). Still, I thought it was cool looking.

The texture, I guess, is what appeals to me. It's rock, but there is a fluidity to it, almost like water. Yeah, okay, bubbling water, maybe. But I like it. It's very peaceful.

I take a lot of pictures. I take pictures of things I think are cool or funny or stupid or that piss me off (like, if I think you're being an asshole driver, I will take a picture of you and then show you the picture as I pass). That's also been my method lately of dealing with angry people. I just whip out the phone and take a picture. It's surprisingly effective.

Of course, sometimes you can't take a picture. Like, when you see Heroin Fabio riding his bike or when you see Fat Steven King directing traffic. It would probably be rude to just take someone's picture like that, when they had not done anything to deserve it (like cut me off on the way to work and then slam on the brakes for no reason).

This morning on the way to work, M and I were listening to a teaser on the radio for something Fox News is doing tonight "Some of the tallest elevators in Indianapolis don't meet safety standards... at 10 tonight."

And when I went to the elevator bank...

Hmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter