If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The One Where Patwoman And Miss M Go To A Craft Fair

This weekend was the annual craft fair at Center Grove High School. It’s really the best craft fair in the area. At least in the top three. The ones at Perry Meridian High School and Mount Comfort are good ones, too. But the CGHS fair is, no argument, the largest.

The booths are set up pretty much right on the threshold of the door and stretch unbroken through the main hall, the cafeteria, the side halls, and the branches from those halls. So much to look at and of course, we looked at it all.


I was happy to see this booth again. All these animals dressed up in lace and jewelry. Makes me happy. Of course, I could never actually buy one of these, since Gabgab would be too jealous. She likes to be the only cat wearing clothing or jewelry.

I also saw a lot of knitted items. Purses, hats, scarves. (Though I think many of the scarves are just way under priced. Sure, it’s garter stitch, but you still shouldn’t devalue your work.) And M saw a peacock blue cloche that she really liked. I mentally filed that away for later.


I always buy cloth holiday napkins at the CGHS craft fair, from a lady named Dorothy. She always has a whole table full of these great holiday napkins, bundled with the little cocktail napkins. This year’s napkins, btw, are red with gold holiday greetings on them.

I also bought some things that will become stocking stuffers. Funfun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter