If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Another FO!

And it’s for me! Ha!

Last night was supposed to be a finish-up-some-Christmas-projects-so-I-don’t-feel-like-there’s-too-much-pressure-even-though-there-are-now-only-about-100-days-left. But then, M said “Let’s go to Joann’s” and you know I can’t withstand that kind of coercion.

I had not even planned to look at the jewelry supplies. I thought I would just go and touch the yarn and maybe see if there was a sale on Bernat Mosaic (not that I need any more yarn). But then I realized that I need some 24 gauge bead wire, so I decided to just zip down the aisle for that.

And there was a 40% sale on beads, findings, and charms! Dammit!

Anyway, this charm has the Serenity Prayer on it, which my mom always loved. And my mom tended to be fairly serene most of the time. God knows I could use a little of that peacefulness these days. So to that end, and because it reminds me of Mom, I wanted to incorporate it into some jewelry.

I ended up knitting The Knitted Necklace from Deborah Gardner. I linked the pattern here, but you don’t really need one. It’s an I-cord with fasteners on the ends and the charm in the center. I used Lion Brand Incredible—just a scrap, like maybe 5 or 6 yards. I can’t remember what color this is. It’s coppery and blue and I thought it went well with the blouse I wore today.

I have a little more of this Incredible, left over from a purse I made a while back. I like the way this works with this blue so much, I think I might make a belt from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter