If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Random Ranting

Because, I’ve got to do it somewhere. And if not here, then where?


I am really busy at work. Like hella busy. And, while I am my same old soft self on the outside, I’m starting to get a little crunchy on the inside.


Like, with the other people who get on the elevator with me. Is that rude? I just want to ride the elevator alone. I don’t want to be crunched into a corner. I don’t want someone else’s body heat on me. I don’t want to wait to punch in my floor while you fiddle with trying to remember your code. (It’s 5-4-5-6. We’ve all seen it so often we can do it ourselves, now. Why can’t you get it right the first time?)

Or like with people who have impromptu meetings in the hallway between the elevator banks. Yes, you’re special. We all see that. We can tell you're special because you are standing 5 people abreast so nobody can get past you.

I’m also finding myself irrationally angry at people for the strangest reasons. Dude. That mustache? Really? And Why would you drive a PT Cruiser, lady? And Why is so damn hot?

That’s not even mentioning the things that I am justifiably angry about. Like the jackass who drives the truck with kids or dogs or a crapload of trash that blows around in the back. None of those are safe, Jethro. I’m sorry you don’t have the sense to be frightened by your own stupid actions.


Or the people let their kids run wild in the parking lot at Walmart. Listen, I know you’ve got your hands full with these monkeys and it’s a tiring job to keep track of where they run to (especially as they are weaving in between and behind cars), but drivers can’t see them when they are backing up. If they are 50 feet in front of you, nobody knows they’re there. And Walmart? Walmart is the worst parking lot in the world to drive in, let alone walk in.

Or the True Blood season finale. WTF? I really haven’t researched this, but I’m wondering if there are different writers for Season 3 than there were for the first two seasons? The whole season was so-so (except Franklin, who is now my favorite character from the show even though he is dead and Russell, who really only got interesting when he was ripping out spines on national TV) but the finale was so less-than.

And it’s not because it’s different from the books. The books are awful. Just in terms of the writing. I’ve got no problem with the HBO show being different from the books. It’s that the finale was badly written. Some characters acted differently than they would/should have. Some story lines are dull. Some characters are dull. But the main thing is, there was no tension, nothing building, and nothing to keep me wondering all summer and anxious for Season 4.

I don’t know what would have saved it. But if I were writing it, I definitely would have ended the season with Bill throwing Eric into the cement—cut to black, cue credits/music. Think about that for the next 3 months! (Alan Ball, call me. We’ll talk.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter