If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Green Beret


Finished this beret, the Super-simple fast and easy chunky hand-knit beret! from Crazy Aunt Purl. Nice little knit. Works with a variety of yarns. I used some Sensations Cosetta. It's a wool blend (68% wool, 32% nylon) with a subtle color shift.

I used Cosetta Green, which is kind of a dusty, sagey green. It's got that little bit of nylon in it, I guess, to give pieces of it a little shine. It's not so scratchy as 100% wool, so that's a good thing. This comes in 127.9 yard skeins and I used about 3/4 of one for this hat.

This would've been a quicker knit, but my allergies have really kicked in this week and I've been eating Benadryl like it was cool. Consequently, my knitting (and everything else) skills have been a bit dull and I started this about 4 times before getting the gauge correct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter