If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, July 30, 2010

I Am My Own Designer

(Choking on laughter now, at how ridiculous that sounds. Honestly, I was just trying to play off yesterday’s entry.)

So I loved the Scalloped-Edge Beaded Necklace so much that I decided to attempt a beaded necklace of my own. So this, The Beaded Necklace, is the result. It’s a little more like the Scalloped Necklace than I had planned. I think it’s mainly because I really like the loop of five beads along the edge. Looks a lot like bullion stitch in embroidery, I think. I offset the second row of those bullions from the first just a little.

I like it. It probably worked a little slower than normal because I was kind of making it up as I went along (frogging, knitting, writing steps down) and because I only had dpns within arm’s reach (God knows, I can’t afford the energy it would take to walk across the room and get the single points!) and I was knitting slowly and carefully for fear of dropping stitches off the end of the dpn.

So, this is Patons Grace in Natural. Twenty yards (maybe!) I’m guessing. And pink glass seed beads. The closure is a larger pink bead and a crocheted loop on the end.

Pattern will appear on the sidebar here, one I get around to typing it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter