If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, June 06, 2010

On Books And Covers

I was cruising Ravelry the other day, just because I was a little restless, had some time to kill, and hadn't spent an hour just looking at knitting in a while. And I was looking at some stuff people had done for gifts, and stuff that took only one skein, and stuff that took only half a skein. And I saw this.

Patwoman: Wow. I really liked that! And the pattern is in a book I actually own. Hey, wait a tick. I don't remember that pattern. And what? It says the pattern is on the front cover? No way. No way that is on the front cover and I missed it.


So I go and get the book and look at it. And it is on the front cover. But it's pink and purple. So I do remember looking at it.

Patwoman: Meh.

What a difference the color makes! I promptly went out and got a skein of Paton Grace in Natural. It's cotton, but for some reason it doesn't bother me the way other cotton does. And then I whipped out my container of seed beads and started stringing some champagne-colored beads. Honestly, stringing the beads on took about as long as knitting.


This took very little time to knit. Even with stringing the beads, I was done in the time it took to watch two episodes of Fringe from first season. (M is catching up.) Beautiful! M immediately claimed it.

So now I'm thinking, I've got some LB Microspun in Black somewhere, I'm pretty sure of it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter