If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Quick and Awesome Dice Bag

This is the Deep Sea Flower Dice Bag from Nina Hyland on Ravelry. The original is done in Noro, but I happen to have about half a skein of SWS in Natural Blue left over from that cowl I made myself last winter. It turned out to be a nice substitution. Although, now I wouldn't call this a deep see flower. A pale blue and tan like that... that's more Greek Islands.

It knitted in a night, even on the dpns. Seriously, there was so little swearing, you would've asked for my identification. I even watched Mega Piranhna on SyFy (Tiffany!)while I was knitting and didn't have to tink back--not even once!

Other than the yarn sub, I didn't make any other mods to this, except the closure. My problem with knit dice bags is always the closure (they usually don't). But Nina had a good idea with this one. She made a little knitted bead to lock the I-cord drawstring in place. Clever! I decided, however, to simplify and use an actual bead. This is a light blue pony bead I got from a bag of pony beads I'd bought at a garage sale a couple of summers ago. It didn't fit over the I-cord, so I took an E hook and crocheted a chain. That worked perfectly. I added a bead on each end of the cord so the closure bead couldn't come off.

So here is the bag. It's not lopsided. I stuffed it with a sock so you could see it standing up. It's big enough to hold a couple polyhedral sets or a couple of sets of tenners. Or a cube of sixers, whatever. I'd say two handfuls of dice. Definitely enough to beat this guy, at any rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter