If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, May 17, 2010

To Nosteprine or Not Nosteprine

You all know I lust after a ball winder, right? I’m not talking dirty here. I mean a yarn ball winder. But I have yet to purchase one. For a couple of reasons… The most important one is that almost everywhere I buy yarn winds it for free. And non-wool yarn is usually sold in pre-made skeins. So there’s been no reason to actually buy one.

Once in a while, though, I get some yarn that isn’t already skeined. And then, sigh, I have to do it my own damned self. Now, I have a method some may find strange. It’s this: I sit on the couch, with my feet up in the chair. Then I loop the yarn over my knees. Then I wind the yarn on my Not Nosteprine.


Here’s my Not Nosteprine. Came in a package of two, even. Ha! Actually, this works pretty well. It just (obviously) takes a lot longer. I suppose it might even look as nice as those cute little yarn cakes you get at the LYS if you had enough practice at it.

Word of warning: make sure the room is clear of cats before you start this. They seem to think you are winding yarn for their entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter