If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Bamboo Bag

Ha! I actually lined and seamed this puppy! Remember I knitted it back in February and it's just been sitting there, waiting to become a purse? And I'm really happy with the way it turned out! This is the Bamboo Bag from Creative Knitting Fall 2009. I used two skeins of Vanna's Choice in Dusty Green. I thought it would be really cool to knit this out of actual bamboo yarn, so I swatched that out at first. But alas, it just didn't look right and so I moved to the VC, which turned out to be a perfect choice.

I spent about an hour tonight lining the purse, with some help from GabGab. This made me appreciate why felted purses are so nice. No lining. But Gabby and I stuck with it and finished pretty quickly.

The fabric was a nice find from the remnant bin at Joann's. It has a bunch of jungle animals (with the exception of the racoons... what jungle are racoons from?) all over it and I thought it would be perfect for this bag--even though there are no pandas on it. I thought it must meant for children or something. But then I started noticing the pictures on the fabric a little more. And OMG! Look what those animals are doing! I mean, really! Those tigers are obscene!

But maybe that's I like them so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter