If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Tuesday Is The New Monday

Not that I’m not happy with a three day weekend, mind you. I could do with more of those. That’s actually the only thing I really liked about my old job (bank)—the excessive number of three day weekends. Seriously, if you don’t like to work hard, go into banking. There’s a three day weekend every month. Plus, if you are any kind of VP (And they all are. Banks have more VPs than regular employees.) or if you are HR (like I was), you can basically come in late, leave early, and take a long lunch most days.

Bankers also play golf network a lot, which I didn’t do. On the list of Patwoman’s Favorite Things To Do, golf falls somewhere between Getting My Eyebrows Waxed and Solving Algebraic Equations. (Although you would think a game where hitting things counted would appeal to me. Go figure.) Bankers also drink a lot of alcohol, even during the workday network a lot, which I didn’t do. I also didn’t see much evidence of a sense of humor during my tenure. So I guess you can see why I left.

It’s a sharp contrast to this job, where I am working all day. But, at least here there are some people who get my jokes, or will at least laugh to humor me.

At any rate, I did enjoy the long weekend. It was strange because T and I have now completed the book manuscript and this was the first weekend I didn’t spend writing until my eyes bled. I actually had to stop and think “What did I do before? When I had free time?” (Free time exists! It is not a myth!)

Of course, the answer is, I kept up with the laundry and the dishes and didn’t let the house fall into a state of clutter that would batter your sensibilities. And yeah, I did do a little of that. But only enough to keep us off of “Buried Alive.”

Nope. I’m not entirely sure what I did (In that where-did-the-time-go way, not in the how-much-did-I-drink way.) but it was nice to have time to do it. Knitted a little. Read a little. Bought some plants for the garden. Nice.

And I am sorely wishing for another three day weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter