If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Am My Own IT

Have I mentioned how much I hate to call IT? I swear, these people are more frustrating than the “sandwich artists” at Subway. (Seriously, “one line of mustard” means… one line of mustard. Not one line and back again and then a couple of plops for fun at the end.) If I slacked so much at my job, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be working my job for much longer.

Power off and back on? Don’t you think that was the first thing I did? How about you log off of World of Warcraft for a second and help me out? How about that?

When I was a young Patwoman, a Patgirl, if you will, there was a lot of talk about how computers were the future and everyone should go into computers because that’s where the jobs were going to be. If only I’d listened! Then I wouldn’t have been sitting on hold for 15 minutes today, listening to some crappy Muzak version of “Careless Whisper,” (which is almost Muzak anyway). In the end, I decided to just fix the issue myself.

And by fix, I mean, press buttons and click links until something happens. Hey, if I eff it too badly, they’ll have to fix it then, right? So, I finally went into the Internet Options and reset the LAN connection to auto detect. And that seemed to fix it.

Not bad for a journalism/poly sci major, eh?

1 Comments:

Blogger sharmylae said...

luckily, you're one of the few intelligent people who tries to use IT... you'd be surprised how many people have not tried that before they call them.

at my work, our IT's auto reply includes "Have you tried Rebooting? Rebooting fixes many problems. Please try this before contacting the IT department."

but a lot of times, computer problems are little and finicky! the sort that IT can't do much with unless they're there. D:

my solution to IT (on a mac) is google-ing the problem till i find a solution, unless the problem is my computer won't work at all... then i call the dreaded apple support...

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter