If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Not Knitting

Yesterday was Mr. and Mrs. Patwoman’s anniversary. How do you like that? How long have we been together?

Listen. We were at our store the other day and I mentioned to a vendor that we would be celebrating our anniversary. He asked how long we’d been married and I told him 26 years.

Vendor: Wait. You were married in 1984?
Patwoman: Yes.
Vendor: Wow! That’s longer than I’ve even been alive!

Anyway, we went to Olive Garden for dinner. That was nice. But I do think it is the parent’s responsibility (if you are taking your kids to OG instead of Chuck E. Cheese) to say, for example, “Don’t stand on the table.” “Don’t kick the cake.” “Don’t bash your brother’s head against the next table.” “Don’t throw food at other people.” “Don’t climb on strangers.”

(It occurred to me, btw, that maybe all five of these kids were special needs and didn’t have a lot of control over their social interaction. But no. I saw their faces. They were just bored. And take it from me, a former vandal, boredom will make you destructive.)

After dinner, we had this idea that we would go play miniature golf. When we were dating, and when we were first married, we would always play mini golf. It is, in fact, the only kind of golf I approve of. We used to go to this little place in Southport, next to the DQ. So how romantic, to go on a “date” just like we always used to!

Only… That place is gone. Ha!

So we went home and ended up watching the Science Channel. That may sound boring to you, but remember, T and I are nerds. We watched and ended up discussing black hole theory, Hawking’s Paradox, and parallel universes. It was a good time.

This morning, we were talking and I said PCs should never be monster classes, in my opinion, and that I felt minotaurs and dragonborn should be NPCs, at best, in a game. In fact, in my opinion, the likelihood of encountering a minotaur would be so extremely rare something would be extremely rare and he replied “Like an elf in the fourth age?”

Ha! It’s nice to have someone who gets me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter