If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Patwoman Sticks To Her Knitting

So, taking a mini break from writing (Six Gun Horror is being edited now, and may eventually need some more/different words, but is okay for now and we have an article in the works for D∞ Magazine, but other than that…) before beginning work on the next one. I haven’t been seriously knitting for a while (bouncing from one project to another, trying to create some patterns…) and so I thought it was high time I picked up the needles again.

It’s pretty firmly August, so I need to be serious about the Christmas knitting, for sure. Working on that scarf pattern for E, as I’ve already told you. That involves knit and crochet (whoopah!) and is looking pretty nice. I will post that pattern up here once I am finished and have some pix to show you.

I’ve also got a scarf for M on the needles, but I only work on that when she is out of the house. It’s got some colorwork in it, so it’s slow going. I’ve been averaging about 10 inches an evening, due to the constant cat on my lap and the extreme exhaustion I try to work through.

Balaclava for R is my own design, as well. It’s becoming something of a pain in the ass, due to the shaping involved and the fact that I am making it up as I go along. (Why did I not just use an already-written pattern?) This one will be either very spectacular or very lame. I don’t want to say too much about it—not because he will read this blog, pshft!, but because I don’t want your ridicule if it fails. I will tell you this much… I’ve already knitted the crown of the hat, but when I put it on Notpatwoman to see how it looked, I didn’t really like it. So I’ve ripped it out a few inches and need to decide how to proceed.

Speaking of Notpatwoman, kinda… I found this interesting. I came across the male version of her at Hobby Lobby. (Notpatwoman was born at Sally’s Beauty Supply and there were no guys there.) I thought that would be cool to have, just to model and size the guy stuff, like R’s hat. But get this, the female version is $5.99, but the male version is $9.99. Now why would the man cost more?

Yeah, never mind. I know why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter