If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Utter Effing Frustration!

Can it be that Patwoman has been outsmarted by a hat? Good God. Have you ever thrown your knitting across the room in frustration and rage? And then, when that doesn’t make you feel better, get up and go get the knitting so you can throw it again?

I have tried this balaclava a couple of different ways. I tried to reverse engineer one I saw—basically, the back part comes up over the head and is seamed to the side parts. Nope. Looks too blocky.

So then I ripped that back to the ears and knitted, treating it like a seaman’s watchcap, the first hat I learned to make. I thought the K2tog across decreases would keep there from being those sharp decrease lines you see in beanies. No. Too bunchy.


So I ripped that back and now I’m just going to default to the lined, beanie-style decrease. God damn it. This was such a clever thing that I was doing (not just a hat, but something really clever) and now it’s just turning out to be a lesson in frustration.

Where the hell is that knitting? Time for another flying lesson, hat!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Marie said...

I thought i had seen a pattern for one of these a while back. Go down the page to the second balaclava, i think it's what you're looking for.

http://www.hjsstudio.com/redbala.html

7:04 PM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

Ah, exactly. The first one, A, is basically what I had started out doing. But I didn't like the way it looked. The second one, B, is basically what I am doing now. I am liking this way a little better than what I was doing before. Hopefully, I will have a finished product soon. Stay tuned!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter