If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

My, What A Lovely Braided Scarf You Have, Patwoman


Yes, all the better to… Okay. I got nothing.

But look at this scarf! How cool is this? It’s Braided by Susan B. Anderson (Spud & Chloe) in Loops & Threads Charisma. The colorway is Sunny Day, which is very descriptive of my own personality. What? You don’t like sarcasm? Oh, I’m so sorry.

This pattern attracted me for a number of reasons… For one, it’s a bulky knit, which I love for its ease and quickness, but also for the way it looks. I like the big, chunky stitches.

Also, it has a very interesting construction. Basically, it’s a length of stockingette stitch, then you divide the stitches into three pieces and knit a length of I-cord on each section, braid those sections, then slip all the stitches back onto the needles and knit another stockingette section. Love it!

And, I wanted to do something with this yarn. It’s so pretty and it has been calling my name forlornly from the shelves of my local Michael’s, begging me to knit something with it. (“No, yarn. I can’t buy you. I have so much yarn now…”) And this scarf really makes those colors pop. If you look at the pattern, it was originally done in all white, which looks good. But I’ve gotta say, I am loving the bright colors even more. (And the colors are a lot brighter than this picture would lead you to believe. More like this picture from the Michael's website.)

This is not as quick a knit as you would imagine, though. It’s all the divide-knit-braid-combine. But I did most of it while watching a Colts game. (Hey, there’s blue in it. That’s legal.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter