If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, October 25, 2010

You Say It’s Your Birthday? Da-duh-duhn-na-duh-na-nuhn!

Yeah, okay. It’s come and gone. I just didn’t get to post about this until now. Birthdays… sigh. Another year older (sing it to me, Tennessee Ernie Ford) but what’s the alternative?

And this one was a pretty good one. Dinner out with the fam. Had some nice Rollatini at Olive Garden. Very garlicky. Some people don’t like garlic. I do. This was probably beyond the garlic limit of most amateurs people, but I liked it a lot.

And presents were good. Got some great DVDs (including Evil Dead. If you remember, I have not been able to find my copy for some time and have been grieving it sorely.), DominKNITrix book (going to make at least 3 things from this), and this:

M knitted for me! How cool is that? Of course, I immediately put My Precious in its new sweater. This one is lined, even. I think M was a little self-conscious about it (as we all are with our first knitting projects), but honestly, I couldn’t find any mistakes. And what stick-to-it-ness! This is boucle.

Boucle. The yarn that makes me curse out loud. The yarn that looks so pretty but I swear every time I will never work with it again. Yes, boucle. And she made it. And it looks great. And look at this satiny lining!

Boo-yah! Tell me I don’t know how to have kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter