If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Why Hello, Monday. I See You Still Hate Me.

Last week was a very busy week for me. Very high stress, just in terms of the quantity of work that needed to be done. I felt like I was trying to achieve the impossible. I was fairly confident I could do it, though. As one former employer used to say, “You have a way of achieving the impossible.” Still, it was a busy, stressful week and I needed this weekend like a toddler needs a blankie.

On Friday evening, I kept trying to access my brain for the answers to simple questions like “What’s for dinner?” and “Do you want to watch a movie?” And my brain was pretty much out to lunch. (Not quite Patwoman isn’t here right now, Mrs. Torrence. More like All circuits are busy. Please try your call again later.)

But I did take time to relax and recharge. I knitted a lot and spent time with the fam. And all in all, I felt pretty good about facing a new week.


But look. This is the flash drive that holds every single piece of information I need to do my job. Let me repeat that, so you get the full effect.

This is the flash drive that holds every single piece of information I need to do my job.

FML.

The gang at work asked me today what I would like for my birthday lunch this year. I said “Sangria.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter