If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Not Entrelac Again

I think Not Entirely Entrelac is even more fun than actual entrelac. Certainly a lot quicker, I must say. And I think this pattern works extremely well with a yarn like Lion Brand Amazing. The long stretches of color, knit on the bias like this, with definite “blocks” makes a really cool look in a scarf.

This yarn is very cool. It’s 53% wool and 47% acrylic, so I suppose it would felt if it wanted to. But it also is very soft and fluffy, with a nice mohair-y halo. I know this yarn will felt, by the way, because I joined using the spit splice method and it worked really well. The color is fabu. Very rich, with a lot of depth. (Probably because of the combined fibers.)This colorway is Ruby, btw, but honestly, I'd be happy with any of the colorways.


Don't judge the scarf by this crappy in-progress phone pic. The scarf is complete, and beautiful. I will post a better photo once it is blocked. The color, btw, is more like this:


The only thing I didn’t especially like about this yarn was when I had to frog a few rows because I wasn’t paying attention. Frogging any type of hairy yarn is, as you know, something that makes Patwoman swear profusely. This time, I tried a little trick I read on the ol’ interwebs—put the yarn in the freezer and it calms the fibers down.

GREAT TIP!

The fibers relaxed and I was able to frog back without making any knots. I don’t know how long you are supposed to leave yarn in the freezer, btw. I left mine in until T came home from work and decided to (for some reason???) check the freezer.

Here’s a direct quote : Um, any reason why there would be yarn in the freezer?

Well, T, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter