If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Patwoman Goes Yarn Shopping

Only I didn't buy anything. How could I? If I buy any more yarn, one of the humans will have to move out of this house so we have a place to put it. I'm trying to be good. Trying to work through the stash...

But look at this. It's Yarn Bee Chinchilla. And yeah, it's a novelty yarn, but look at it! It's so cuddly and huge! I'm thinking, some #13s, a ball of Chinchilla, and an hour and you've got a scarf. The Hobby Lobby sales associate called it "Monkey Tail."

That's what it felt like.

Not that I've ever felt a monkey tail, mind you. (Although a childhood friend had a pet monkey when I was little, so I suppose there was the opportunity. I just never thought to do it. I actually never even saw the monkey up close--just once when his mom brought it for show and tell--because my mom didn't think it was a good idea to play with wild animals.)

But I digress.

I also looked at jewelry making stuff, since I do a little of that, too. And some bead making stuff (I had no idea a kiln was so small! I totally want one now. I want to make some of those glass frit pendants like M and I made last year during GenCon.)

And, of course, no trip to Hobby Lobby is complete without a little minor vandalism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter