If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Resolutions, Reflections, and Ramblings For The New Year

Happy New Year!

I thought it wold be cool to go back and look at my 2011 Resolutions and see how long well I lived up to those. Now, you know I don't normally even make resolutions. I think if you're gonna do something, just do it, you know. But I was pretty sure I'd actually resolved to do something and posted it on my blog.

But I was wrong. Way to go, Patwoman.

This year, I'm gonna make sure I have something to talk about on January 1, 2013.

Resolution
I don't make 'em. Ha! But I am committing to getting the Christmas Knitting started way sooner this year so I don't have to be knitting on Christmas Eve again. Like always.

Reflections
This year has seen some major changes. I became an empty nester. I lost my very good friends Zeus and Michelle. There were a number of health issues with T's parents. Our business has just gotten busier. And I got to meet my Adam West in person.

Ramblings

This year, I am looking forward to great leaps in robotics. I think we could see quite a few breakthroughs, especially in terms of cognitive progress and predictive behavior. At the very least, I think there will be at least two very useful applications to human health--enabling paralysis victims to walk, for instance.

I also think we will continue to see a return to old fashioned, thrifty lifestyles. Goodwill has become a great resource, especially for crafty people, and I think that trend will continue. People will also be more into activities like "stockpile" or "batch" cooking. And gardening--along with the various associated food preservation activities.

I'm excited to see what my compost bin can offer this spring, after filling it with coffee grounds, egg shells, potato peels, and grass clippings. It's silly, I know, but I am looking forward to spreading that crap in my garden (which was fallow this year) so I can grow my own tomatoes and peppers, which I will use to make my own salsa. Awesome!

I'm also planning several fun trips this year. And I've got several creative projects in the works, as well. In addition, R will be getting married in November. And M will begin filming a web series.


All in all, 2012 holds a lot of promise. I think it will be a good year. At least right up until the Mayan Apocalypse on December 21.

Oh, hey. Does that mean I don't need to stress the Christmas Knitting, after all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter