If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, February 03, 2012

Friday UFO

Well, this is disappointing. Not only did I not really work on anything this week (outside of a tiny sock that took almost no time), but I don't really have anything to say about it.

I do want to say, though, I am seeing a ton of the hand-knitted or hand-crocheted scarves that were made for Super Bowl volunteers. If you did one (I did not. I just had too many commitments. And I can't stand the thought that someone might wear my scarf and cheer for the Patriots), you should know that people LOVED them.

Shawn, one of the managers in my company, showed me the scarf he got for being a volunteer. He was really happy with it. He told me "This is all hand knitted." like that was the coolest thing ever.

And I was so moved by that. I wish that the person who crocheted that particular scarf (It was crochet. Sorry, Shawn.) could have seen that pride. That, to me, would be the coolest thing ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter