If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Is Always A UFO Day For Me, Isn't It?

It seems that way, at least. I've made absolutely no progress on the afghans this week month. I guess I've knitted, but I've knitted little things--like the purse or the Christmas Bell.

When I left my daytime job to work full-time with the store, I kind of thought I might have a little more time to do things like knit and write. So far, that has not been the case. We are working on some major projects right now and it's taking up pretty much all of our time.

On the other hand, it confirms my decision to leave off "working for the man" and devote my energy to working for our own store. Sure, I'm working more hours, but I'm not playing anybody's office politics game. And I'm not limited by anything.

Now you know I believe in following the rules. That's why they're there, right? But, I have to say, when you are the one making the rules for your own self, you become about a million times more creative and energetic. It just makes sense--you no longer have to worry about what others think (corporate, your new boss--who doesn't even understand her own job right now, but is perfectly willing to micromanage you--or your marketing department). You are corporate. You are your own boss. You are the marketing department. It's awesome.

Power to the people, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter