If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, April 02, 2012

Celtic Heart Necklace

I wish I'd remembered this pattern for St. Patrick's Day. It's from Maddy Craft. (Sign up for their free newsletter.) I actually bookmarked this a while back and just came across it again.

I love this. It's just a long i-cord and some clever knotting. I used Bernat Cool Crochet in Chocolate, which is discontinued, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use any sport or sock yarn. I have some Lion Brand Microspun that I may use to make another one.

I made a necklace that hit right about the collarbone and it took very little yarn at all. You could make yours as long as you like. Just knit longer i-cord.


I had to make a couple of attempts on the knot--not because the pattern had any problems, but because I was being something of a perfectionist and wanted the knot centered perfectly on the necklace. You can futz with this knot a little and move it slightly, but I just re-knotted. I'm knotty that way. (Don't act so disgusted. You knew that joke would be coming at some point in this post.)

I finished the necklace with a crocheted loop on one end and a simple button on the other. And I put a couple of tiny stitches with matching thread on the back side, right at the top of the knot, so the knot wouldn't tighten or loosen with wear.




This went really fast. I probably could have done another one if I hadn't been so intently watching The Duel. (I love that movie!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter