If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bead Nostalgia

I don't know what it is that's making me nostalgic. Digging out old recipes... Digging through the jewelry box... Maybe I just have more time now that I have a two minute commute to work.

I found this in my jewelry box the other day. Well, I didn't find it there. Of course, I was the one who put it there in the first place. I mean that I came across it accidentally and was pleasantly surprised.

This is something M made for me at the Y-camp a long time ago. It's lovely, isn't it? When you first look at it, it seems like there's just a bunch of random beads strung on a line. But if you look at it closer, it looks like something organic--a plant or an animal. When M first gave this to me, I hung it in the kitchen window. That window faced the side of our neighbor's house and it was nice to have something to look at.

But, then we moved and I put it in the jewelry box so it didn't get lost. I never put it up at this house. I don't know why.

I also found this lizard. I love this. M learned to do this in Girl Scouts. I think she made about a million of these. I saved this one because it makes me smile.

Okay. Well, this has gone beyond nostalgia, hasn't it? Like "OMG is she going to start crying about her empty nest again?" beyond. Well don't worry. Outside of the pleasant memories these beads give me, my only other thought when I look at these (especially in the pictures) is that I really have to start exercising. My fingers are starting to look like plump sausages.

Mm. Sausage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter