If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I've Got The Guts To Experiment

Or at least the yarn that looks like it. It's Martha Stewart Crafts (Lion Brand) Mambo in Flamingo. I've seen this yarn in stores for a while now and have really wanted to experiment with it.

It's cool. I gotta say. It's like a roving-style acrylic mix covered in a (I don't know. Feels like a cotton or poly-cotton. The words are too small on the label for my blindo eyes to read.) thread. And so thick. Like, finger-thick.

Well, maybe not if you have chubby sausage-shaped fingers like me, but--you know--if you had normal fingers.

Anyway, I've had my eye on the black--which is called Zebra, btw, presumably because it has a white thread covering the black. (Which is pretty much the opposite of a zebra, in case you were wondering. Zebras actually have black stripes on a white body. But, you know, Martha didn't ask me when she named the yarn. So she will just have to deal with that embarrassment.)

Where was I? Oh yeah. I wanted to try this yarn, and I was at Michael's the other day and hey! All the colors except black were on sale for $2.49. So I got this pink thinking 1)It will be fun to wear with my pink Gamerz shirt and 2)Red heads aren't supposed to wear pink, so naturally I have to do it just so fashion knows it isn't the boss of me, damn it.

This little experiment, the Two Stitch Necklace, took me all of about 10 minutes to knit. (You know how I love to get my hands on those fat needles!) And I like it a lot. Even if it does slightly resemble a loop of large intestine around my neck. But you know what your friend Patwoman says at a time like this?

No guts, no glory.

That's right. I went there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter