If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Not Knitting - Cooking

Well, not so much cooking as going on a recipe safari. Anyone who has been to my house has seen my massive cookbook collection. But I wasn't looking in any cookbook for this recipe. I was looking in The Bag.

Look at this. This is a bag of my mom's recipes that my dad gave me after mom died. It's a Trick Or Treat Bag. (It has McGruff The Crime Dog on it. Do you rememeber McGruff? Or was that just an Indiana thing?) It's the same bag Mom kept these recipes in. It's about 30 years old. That's why it looks so ragged. I've copied a lot of these recipes into a Word document, but I still have the handwritten sheets, just because.This bag has recipes clipped from local papers, promo recipe cards from a grocery store (Marsh did this thing when I was young where they had 4 or 5 new recipe cards a week. There's like a whole set in this bag.), plus recipes handwritten by my mom, my aunts and great aunts, my grandmas, my brother, my mom's friends, my sisters-in-law, and my cousins.

Like I said, I've transferred a lot of these to the computer but there are still a few that only exist in The Bag. And that's what I was doing today, browsing The Bag.

My goal is to someday scan all these documents so I can preserve the handwriting, as well as the content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter