If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Robot Cheetahs

I really had not expected to use those two words in the same sentence. But have you seen these? That's a robot cheetah, folks. There's nothing else you can call it. And it can outrun any human on the planet. Think about that.

Fascinating videos. It seems like these robots don't have the balance issues that other robots have had in the past. Watch the video with the Big Dog robot. You'll see what I mean. It had no problem with uneven ground, snow, mud, and only a little problem with ice. And, it looks freakin' scary.

And not big dog scary, either. Alien scary. I would soil myself if I unexpectedly came across one of those in the woods. (I say unexpectedly, because I'm usually okay about not soiling myself if I'm expecting something.)

It's only a matter of time, people. And then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter