If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, April 06, 2012

Friday UFO: Felted!

Here is M's clutch purse, finally knitted, seamed, and felted. I crocheted a loop for a button closure and some SC trim along the flap.

This yarn, Stitch Nation Full O' Sheep, felted beautifully. And so quickly! I was like, "Now, I'm just gonna put this in the washer and check in a few minutes," and by the time I finished saying that, the purse was felted.

I was pleased to see that the texture of the moss stitch still showed up, even after the felting. It also kept its color really well. You know how sometimes when you felt something, it's a paler version of what it was before? Well, not so with this. This color is Meadow. Very nice.

Now, I have to decide what type of closure to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter