If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Not Knitting (But Knitting Related)

Wednesday is traditionally my swearing bead night, but since I've made my career change, I am working in the store on Wednesday nights. So I'll have to find another day for that, I suppose.

I did want to show you this:

It's my Magic Yarn Ball. I know, that phrase has taken on a different meaning these days, to encompass something more planned and artistic. But I've been calling it a Magic Yarn Ball for a couple of years now, so I'm not gonna stop.

I hadn't shown it to you in a while, so I wanted you to see how much it's grown. Also, it fits right in with April being Earth Day Month. It's kind of a recycling project, isn't it?

This yarn ball represents all the leftover leftovers from my projects. (Leftover skeins become scarves, hats, afghan blocks, or other one-skein projects. Leftovers that have a lot of yardage become mitered stripe blocks for another long-term afghan project. Smaller amounts become toys or intarsia. And whatever is left goes on the Magic Yarn Ball.)

Eventually, I'll add a base color to this and knit a big, multicolored, multi-textured afghan out of the whole thing. It will either be beautiful, or completely shiteous. That remains to be seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter