If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, June 08, 2012

Friday FO: The Pom Pom Scarf

Finally a FO! Huzzah!

This is the Pom Pom Scarf I was working on. Very quick and easy knit. Looks like I really did something special here. But, you know, it was garter stitch, basically, using this Pom Pom yarn from Loops And Threads.

The yarn is a bit tricky to work with at first. You're only knitting the thread in between the pom poms. So it goes a little slower until you get used to it. But it leaves you with these pom poms shoulder to shoulder in a sea of pom poms! I used a skein and a half to get this 7 foot long scarf.

This scarf is very fluffy and light. And it looks playful. I wanted to make some matching mittens (pom poms on the cuffs and a matching wool on the hand), but M says she prefers her leather driving gloves.

So I will save the half skein of Pom Pom and do something else with it. Any ideas?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter