If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pom-Pom Scarf

Check this out. It's a scarf I've started with Loops and Threads Pom-Pom yarn. The color is unimaginatively called Red, but I have to admit, it looks fantastic no matter what it's called.

I've seen this yarn for a while now and thought it looked interesting. However, I've got about a metric ton of yarn right now, so I don't need any more. But M grabs a ball of this stuff every time we go to Michael's and says, "Make me a scarf with this!"

Not that she needs another scarf, either.

I always tell her, "I have way too much yarn right now. But if they ever clearance this out, we'll get some so you can have your scarf." Well today, guess what?

That's right. It was on clearance. So I picked up two skeins--enough for a good-sized scarf. I started knitting on it during our weekly RPG. Can't knit on any of the the afghans there, since all the recipients are sitting at that table, so I needed something else anyway.

This yarn is a bit tricky to knit with. You're basically knitting the thread in between the pom poms. But once you get the hang of it, it goes pretty quickly. I did this much tonight, during one game session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter