If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday UFO - Still

The one bad thing about The Year Of The Afghans is that afghans take so freakin' long to knit. I feel like I knit and knit and knit and never really make any progress on this thing.

Well, okay. I make some progress. I've worked on this a couple of days this week and have made about to the 40% mark (not counting the edging). I guess that's progress of a sort.

Kind of sad progress. But progress, I guess.

Yeah, yeah. I know. It's not a scarf. It's going to take longer than a two-hour movie to knit it. I know all that.

Anyway, here is the afghan (Not spread out, of course, so M doesn't get any pre-Christmas spoilers) so you can see the progress. I held a blue tape measure next to it, so you could see how long it is, but it doesn't look that that idea worked out. But I guess you can get a good idea from looking at how long it is compared to me.

Oh, and here is my tip of the week: Since I need both hands (and apparently my full attention--ask me how I know that) to do the cables in the tree sections, I have been listening to my Kindle read to me as I knit.

Now, I know you're saying "But Patwoman. Why don't you listen to audio books on your iPhone? The Kindle reads like a robot."

Yes, I know. I rather like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter