If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, May 14, 2012

My Mother's Day Gifts

Yesterday was such a great day. We just spent time as a family. And there were gifts. So it was kind of like Christmas, but only for me. Ha!

No, really. The best part was being with R, M, and T. But listen how well my kids know me!

M gifted me with a set of pens and 2 blank journals to write down all the story ideas that I have that seem to flow when you least expect it--all the snippets of descriptive narrative I randomly think of, all the plot points I want to remember to make, all the brilliant dialogue that you have to write down right away or risk losing forever!

She also refinished this lovely plant table. Lovely blue-green with copper tile inlays. She brought over a plant, as well, but it has to stay outside, since it's highly poisonous to all living animals. (Foxglove.)

R gave me a boxed set of BlueRay discs--the Underworld movies! I love the Underworld movies! Not because they're art, or anything. But because they are so effin fun! I could watch any one of them over and over. (Now I can watch them all over and over.)

The set also includes the digital download to my laptop and the anime shorts. I didn't even know there were anime shorts! Fabulous!

We ate dinner together. I had a steak, which I don't do often any more, but OMG can I just say I love red meat? And we saw the Dark Shadows movie. Afterword, I played a new white/green Magic deck versus T's white/red and won two out of three times.

So it was a very good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter