If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Shopping Trip - This Time, With A Purpose!

Gentle Reader, you know your friend Patwoman is connected, I'm sure. A veritable A-Lister, herself, don'tcha know. So when my good friend, the designer, has a pattern published, I'm all over that.

Of course, you already know I'm talking about my friend the designer, Katie Carmack's Heliades. When my friend the designer told me she had created this pattern, I said, (affecting a fake British accent--which is really the only way I can do a British accent) "Why Katie, Dearest. I must knit that! I simply must!"

Or something like that.

And, of course, she was all like "Really, Patwoman? You would knit one of my designs?" (She was awestruck by my celebrity, even though she is a famous designer in her own right. I can't help that. I have that effect sometimes.)

And then, I was like, "Of course, Darling. It's stunning. Simply breathtaking! I love the poplar leaves design. I love the short rows. I love that you are a famous knit designer. Love, love, love it. I must go straightaway to the local yarn store and purchase the yarn for this masterpiece."

And I did. I popped right over to Starstruck Cats and perused the yarn selection. Sadly, there was only one person there at the time, but she was also very thrilled to have a celebrity stop in. And when I told her that my friend, the famous designer, The Katie Carmack, had created the pattern for this lovely shawl, well let me just say... I'm sure that's a day she will remember.

Here is the yarn I chose, a beautiful hand-painted fingering superwash from A Good Yarn, a local yarn artist that is carried at Starstruck Cats.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter