If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

When Did I Become Veal?

Seriously. Years of working a desk job have made me soft. Now that I am moving around in my work, I'm getting physically wiped out! Just the simple motion of walking is killing me! I surmise that comes from a shortened Achilles tendon caused by years of wearing heels, but don't quote me on that. They don't let me practice medicine any more. (Not after last time!)

So, much of what I have been doing lately is just trying to lengthen that tendon gradually. So far, I am up the point that it doesn't hurt much during the day. But when I get up in the morning...

Also, my back is just not used to standing and lifting. In my old recruiting job, I only stood to walk to the interview room or the copier or the cafeteria. And I never lifted anything heavier than a resume.

I'm feeling very physically old.

At least my mind has not atrophied. Quite the opposite. Now that I am working for myself, I seem to have some of the old creativity back. I've actually been writing a bit. And remembering stuff. How weird.

Maybe I will remember to exercise?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter