If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Floating Island

How did I miss hearing about this? This guy built an island out of empty soda bottles. An island. C'mon!

Yeah, apparently he used the bottles to support the bamboo and plywood base. But check it out... He has trees on the island, a house, chickens, beaches. It's all kinds of awesome.

And he's self-sustaining. How cool is that?

This is not a new idea, however. Remember Waterworld? Yeah? How 'bout the Aztecs? Remember them? They had huge floating island gardens.

But, new or not, I think this is a really cool idea. I'd like to check in with this guy in a few years just to see what else he's doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter