If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Gnomeo, Gnomeo... Wherefore Art Thou, Gnomeo?

I'm not sure what gnomes have to do with Christmas, but I keep seeing these gnomes by Tonya Gunn all over Ravelry and they are super cute. So I thought I'd make one in red, as a Christmas decoration.

I'm pretty sure Santa employs elves in the manufacture of Christmas toys. And any gamer (or elf or gnome, for that matter) will tell you that they are two totally different people. Pretty sure Santa is not, himself, a gnome, either.

But whatever. Cute, like I said.

Frankly, I'm not used to thinking of gnomes as cute little Christmas joy-bringers. My D& D experiences with gnomes has been more of the "I'm pretty sure this gnome bard is giving us wrong information" and "Where is that damned gnome bard? I could use a buff..." and "Damn! That gnome bard is working for the bad guys!" variety.


I suppose, in real life, I've also seen this kind of gnome--in the garden and on the Travelocity website.

Still. Cute ornament. And I will probably make more. Although I think I will add a face, since it's a little creepy this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter