If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Gen Con Is Here!

Holy crap! I've missed Gen Con! This year is especially exciting because we will be exhibiting! Whoo-hoo! If you are at Gencon, come by booth 942 and say hi to me.

T and I set up our retail space in the Exhibitor Hall today and I have to say, it was kind of a shock for me. Yeah, I knew what the hall looked like without Gencon in it. I knew that it would be a big empty space with nothing really special going on. I knew all that logically.

But logic doesn't really help when you walk in and it's all bare floors and boxes on pallets and carpets in rolls. I felt the illusion--the magic--of the dealer room evaporating away with every glance at an unskirted table or a disassembled display rack.

Still, we were able to get set up nicely before the hall closed up for the night.

When we were almost ready to go, I spotted something unusual. In the distance, over the top of the booths, I saw a giant mecha-robot moving down the aisle!

Yeah. It was just a forklift with two rolls of carpet. But keep in mind I desperately need glasses. There was a moment when I was illogically afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter