If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013

British Television

I'm something of an Anglophile. I have been since my brother and I discovered Monty Python's Flying Circus on late night tv as children.

Yes, I know I shouldn't judge Britain by Monty Python. But I also watched shows like "No, Honestly'" "Dave Allen at Large," "The Two Ronnies," "Are You Being Served," and many more that I can't remember right now. Plus, back in the 70's the only thing on PBS (besides Sesame Street, The Electric Company, and Zoom) were British shows. For the longest time, I seriously thought British TV was the highest form of television. (Since it was on PBS and that was commercial free.)

I watched all those shows (which I think were old back then maybe?) late at night all through jr. high and high school. My older brother watched Doctor Who, so we did too. That was old-school Tom Baker Doctor, btw.

And I believe the first mini-series I ever watched were BBC shows.

So, you can imagine how much fun I am having with all the new stuff I'm seeing these days. (Not that I have time to watch, but...) My cable company has all these shows On Demand, so I have watched a few episodes of a couple of interesting shows.

I'll admit, I only watched "Broadchurch" the first time because of David Tenant. But it's a very interesting show. (Although, I would've fired Miller by now.) I'm hoping these shows stay on the On Demand channel for a while so I can catch up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter