If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What Happened To All My Earrings?

It occurred to me today that I haven't worn earrings in a very long time. Maybe not since I stopped working in an office. What's up with that?

I mean, I really enjoy wearing earrings. When I was younger, and all my friends were getting their ears pierced, my mom adamantly forbid me from getting mine pierced. And when my mom said no, you didn't go against her. She said no. Discussion over.

That might just be the main difference between my generation and this one. Not that my kids were rebels or anything. Far from it. But it's like I was telling R just the other day, there was never anything that he could be punished for. Whenever he wanted to do something, he weighed all the possible outcomes, including the punishment if he were caught, and then he decided whether the punishment was worth the crime. So, if he did it and got in trouble for it, he was very resigned to whatever the punishment would be.

My mom would not have spared the rod.

Anyway, I was so excited when I turned 18 because the first thing I did was go get my ears pierced. That's how much I love wearing earrings.

But I haven't been wearing them lately. Further evidence of my devolution, I'm afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter