If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

FO: Cabled Stocking


I finished the back seam of this stocking for M's bf. Let me just say that mattress seam is pretty awesome. I love the way it just matches up. It is kind of a a pain in the ass to keep switching colors, but not a huge one.

I have to say, though, I do like this two-color braid along the side. I don't think I've ever done a two color braid--although I understood how to do it in theory. It's pretty clever. And especially clever in red and white for a Christmas decoration. It definitely gives the impression of a candy cane.

I think he will be happy with this. I showed it to M today and she liked it. All the stockings will, of course, go up pretty soon. I always say I want to wait to put up the tree, but I end up putting it up about the same time every year. I just get excited about Christmas, I guess.

The stockings will hang on the mantle. And, hopefully, this Christmas we will also have an Advent Garland hanging on the mantle, too. (If I finish the last 4 or 5 ornaments. Yikes! I almost forgot about that.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter