If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, November 15, 2013

I Suppose It's Time To Be Thinking About Thanksgiving Dinner

I should be preparing the menu and shopping list, and coming up with some kind of game plan so dinner can be put on the table on time. But honestly, all I can think about is "Who's going to clean this dirty house?" and "Not it."

Can you call Not It, if you were the one who said the house needed cleaning?

Actually, it needs a major renovation more than anything else. It's old and looks it. But there is nothing to be done about that. The house, like me, is not getting any younger.

So, I will content myself with planning the dinner. I'm thinking this year about making a cake to go with the pies. Or maybe cupcakes. And I'm thinking of skipping the vegetable tray and adding a salad to the meal. I'm crazy like that.

Of course, I will still keep the cheese ball. I shudder to think of the disappointed looks on the entire family's faces if I try and pull off a Thanksgiving dinner with no cheese ball appetizer.

I'm not that brave.

For those of you celebrating Thanksgiving, what are your Thanksgiving plans?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter