If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

...or at least Clark Griswold's front yard.

I snapped a couple of pictures of Menard's Christmas display, but the photos do not do it justice. (Especially when a lot of these lights are blinking. You just can't get the full effect.)

My favorite display is the Christmas Peacock. A lot of people don't know the story of the Christmas Peacock. He was ridiculed by all the other peacocks at the North Pole because his tail lit up. They slammed him on Facebook and had the hot girls ask him out and then laugh at him. All kinds of stuff that the douche-bag peacocks are famous for.

But then one foggy Christmas Eve, Santa was about to cancel Christmas because he couldn't see ten feet in front of his sleigh. (And it's dangerous to drive that way at any speed, so just think about how scary that would be at the velocity Santa goes in order to hit all the world's houses in one night.)

But then, Santa noticed the tail-lit peacock and said, "You know, if you guide my sleigh tonight, I won't have to disappoint the children."

And the peacock said, "Santa--dude--I really can only fly short distances at a time. I can't do a trip around the world unless you want to stop every 120 feet or so."

Santa was like, "Wow. That's pretty disappointing. No wonder no one likes you. Ok, then. I think I'll go ask that reindeer with the freaky glowy-nose, instead."

And that's why we put the lighted peacock on the front lawn at Christmas time--to remind Santa that, just because someone isn't exactly what you want them to be, there's no need to be a dick about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter